Sunday, August 8, 2010

Week 3 - Erick & Cathy

Let me start by saying thank you to the couple for making last Friday's shoot a hit. It was a great way to end the day! I've expected a scorching hot day and full force humidity. But all is well and I did enjoy the breeze. Erick and Cathy are easy going fun loving couple whose engagement shoot took place at one of the best sites in Abu Dhabi, The Heritage Village - Corniche.

It was a pleasure shooting two of my newly found friends. We share the same interest in photography and knowing that, we were like long-time friends. Erick was a little conscious since he was used to taking photographs and not being photographed. But later on, he managed to put on the nicest smile you could get for their moment. On the other hand, Cathy was the all natural smiling girl. She was up for anything and so laid back on their engagement shoot. Both were lovely in their own simple ways.

The only problem I had with Erick and Cathy's engagement shoot was trying to narrow down which two photos to blog for my 52 Week Photo Project! Thanks so much guys again, and congratulations!

Gear: Nikon D40,Nikkor AF-S DX 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR, natural light
Settings: f6.3, 1/80, ISO 200
Post process: NONE

Gear: Nikon D40,Nikkor AF-S DX 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR, natural light
Settings: f8, 1/100, ISO 200
Post process: NONE

I tried using LR3 for some minor editing but had hard time using it.  The software command effect is somehow delayed on what it used to in LR2.  And since I didn't have time for LR2, I'd posted the RAW unedited photo.  I just added my watermark.  No need to edit such a lovely couple anyway.

NEXT WEEK'S CHALLENGE: Motion

5 comments:

  1. Paps... what's this? New Career? Very Nice...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ganda naman... I didn't know you have a talent in photography. =)

    Maybe you can take my engagement shoots din... I just have to find a husband to be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Lisa, I'm hoping I can improve. Masarap pala maging photographer. Very challenging yet rerwarding.

    @Des, it will be a pleasure....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ayos paps! Nice focus on the couple. Looks like they really enjoyed your shoot.

    When you go home, can you take ours? Magmountain climbing tayo for our shoot. Pwede ba?

    Finish your site soon. Can't wait to see what other pictures you take.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Mike, go go go tayo dyan! We'll be there in January. Just keep me posted kung tuloy. Makapagpractice at alam kong high standards ka. Regards to Lyka!

    ReplyDelete